News Archive:CLIMATE: 2023:
- Audio of Radio Recording
- DC Weighs Bill That Would Pay for Some Residents to Switch From Gas to Electric
- DC Bill Would Allow Free Switch From Gas to Electric Appliances for Some Residents
- Barbara Briggs on The DMV Zone
- Leaders Push for Gas Alternatives in Northeast DC
- DC Council considers funding to switch 30,000 residents from gas to electric
- D.C. Council Pushes Back Against Mayor’s Proposal To Delay Key Climate Policy
- Mayor’s Budget Proposal Would Zero Out DOEE Funding for Key Challenges
- D.C. Resident’s Fight To Fix Gas Leaks Amplifies Calls for Electrification
- Howard County Council Passes Legislation for All-Electric Construction in New Buildings
- Howard County Becomes 100th U.S. Locality to Pass a Key Climate Policy
- Does My Gas Stove Really Have to Go?
- Washington Post: Hundreds of gas leaks found in D.C. — some ‘potentially explosive,’ report says
- Fox 5: What’s that smell? Hundreds of gas leaks reported in DC
- DCist: Hundreds Of Natural Gas Leaks In D.C. Contribute To Climate Change
- Washington Informer: Study Reports Hundreds of Methane Gas Leaks in D.C.
- WJLA: Hundreds of methane gas leaks found across DC, survey says
- Washington Post: Opinion: Gas leaks in D.C. threaten health, safety and the climate
- The Air Inside the House: The Connection Between Our Homes and Asthma
WIN held a 190+ person action with Wards 1 and 4 demanding commitments around affordable housing (June 2016).
WIN Inaugural Action with DC Mayor Muriel Bowser – Report with Photos and Social Media (January 2015) March 6th Action Report and Photos! (March 2014) February 6th Jobs Action – Photos and more! (January 2014) 700+ Leaders and 6 Councilmembers Demand Jobs from DC Water (April 2013) I AM A VOTER – Early voting rally and march (April 2013) WIN Leaders Push for DC Water Jobs in Wards 4 and 8 (April 2013)