More recently, WIN has begun organizing for the conversion of public land in Ward 3 into affordable, dignified housing. Sites like the Chevy Chase Library, Tenleytown Library, the WMATA Bus Garage, and various parcels of NPS land have been identified for potential development. WIN envisions the use of public lands for an inclusive and affordable District.WIN envisions the use of public lands allocated to mixed-income-affordable housing and low and middle-income homeownership opportunities that help create and build generational wealth. Specifically:
- A mix of affordable units, including both deeply affordable and middle-income
- 1000 homes for Black homeownership on Reservation 13.
- When D.C. gets the adjacent RFK land, let’s turn parking lots into thousands of affordable homes, including 2,000 affordable homeownership opportunities.
- New affordable housing units on public land in Ward 3, including WMATA land, parcels adjacent to Fort, Reno, Chevy Chase & Tenleytown Libraries
- Maximize building of new homes —while preserving existing homes at properties owned by the DC Housing Authority.